Karen Sharif, International Doula

Welcome to the world Baby Girl J., born on the other side of the world! Our good friends K. and M. welcomed their daughter early this morning, our time. I know they're 12 hours different but I don't know if it's before or after... how sad is that!? I feel really flattered that M. and K. thought to call and get advise about when to go to the hospital, interventions, etc. It was a long, hard labor for K. and she did a great job. Unfortunately after pushing for a while, they had to go to a cesarean birth. Glad to report that Mom and Baby are doing well! I cannot wait to see pictures, I hear she is just beautiful... clearly favoring her mother ;)

Congratulations guys, and I just wish I could've been there in person!

(for those playing at home, this makes 2 members of our wedding party in 2 weeks to have baby girls. M-A, Kareem, Tim, and Alex, you guys are next on the list!)