Met a new doula yesterday

I learned about a new doula in my city and we met for tea yesterday. Badger tagged along and he was on company behavior. In fact, he tends to be anxious and timid around new people but he took a real shine to New Doula, right away!

She is new to the city (well, she grew up here but lived away for a while) and I was able to give her the contact information for some birth professionals here in town. It was a little odd to be giving guidance, since I have not been doing this very long myself.

New Doula's enthusiasm was so wonderful. She has a real passion for birth and in our short time together she demonstrated a lot of kindness and thoughtfulness -- I'm sure that she'll do great as a doula!

And purely selfishly -- I *finally* made an IRL connection from a message board. Yay!