Postpartum Visit Today

Saw Baby A and her momma today -- what a CUTE BABY. Big time!!!

Mom is recovering splendidly and whether it's the combination of being proactive with medication, getting more rest than she was able to with her older girls, or being a more confident mother this time around, she's not had even an inkling of baby blues, which is wonderful. She had PPD before and I hope it all keeps going well for her this time!

Being a doula is such a wonderful position and in addition to it being personally fulfilling, I really appreciate the chance to provide a service of value to other women. I know there are a ton of great resources in Pittsburgh for women's mental health but when one is experiencing the onset of postpartum depression, it's important that a third party be there to see the signs. In some lives we have mothers, sisters, cousins, and experienced friends all around. In other lives, we're not so lucky. I'm desperately glad that I can be that "someone" for someone.