Planted our garden today, and a busy day tomorrow!

I'm not really a gardener. But we have this horrible yard that isn't ever going to grow grass, so we turned it over and I planted vegetables on the sunny side and wildflowers from a can on the shady side. I know it's a little late in the season but... well, we've had a busy spring. I planted watermelon, cantaloupe, 2 kinds of onions, broccoli, 3 kinds of peppers, Swiss chard, zucchini, carrots, and peas. Oh, and in containers on my front porch I have leaf lettuce, basil, mint, coriander, thyme, and tomatoes (the tomato plant is about 2" big so we will see if anything comes of it).

Bon appetit, deer!

And my June client is going to be induced tomorrow so I will have a busy day. She's a great woman and it'll be a pleasure to work with her and her husband -- they make a great pair.

AND, on Saturday I will be observing (and assisting) in a childbirth class... thus fulfilling all my requirements for DONA certification except the essays! Hopefully I can get it all sent out next week! I feel like I started so long ago... Badger was just 3 months old when I attended my training.

Speaking of whom... we think he said a WORD. We think he is saying baa-baa for BALL. He is also signing "more." I guess it's like when you take your car to the mechanic because it's making a funny noise and then it stops... before we are even scheduled for his first speech therapy session, he makes a few nice steps :) I'm certainly not complaining.

4 comments:

kris said...

hey congrats on your soon to be certification! i know, it took me like 3 years! crazy, but i guess that's what we get when we do it this way:)

we did a garden fo rthe 1st time ever this year. we did watermelon, muskmelon, carrots, peas, squash, bell peppers tomato's, cherry tomato's, basil, & cucumbers. no idea what i will do w/ all that when it comes up!!

remind me how old badger is??

Karen said...

"Baby" Badger is going on 20 months!

Thing about the garden... it will ALL come in at once, I bet! I forsee a lot of zucchini bread in my future hopefully!

amelia said...

I did a garden plot in our backyard too this year. We have only been here a year and I got started a little late myself but I figure that it is worth a try and will be good to go for next year! We are doing sweet peppers, bell peppers, tomatoes, okra, peas, watermelon (only planted 2 seeds), pumpkin (2 seeds), radishes. Lettuce and cucumbers and herbs in pots. I've never done a garden before so it feels like such a fun adventure and the kids think it is so fun too!

Unknown said...

louboutin outlet, louis vuitton outlet, gucci outlet, louboutin pas cher, nike roshe run, jordan shoes, oakley sunglasses, burberry, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, prada handbags, ray ban sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, nike air max, tory burch outlet, replica watches, ugg boots, air jordan pas cher, nike free, polo ralph lauren outlet, tiffany jewelry, air max, oakley sunglasses, nike air max, cheap oakley sunglasses, tiffany and co, oakley sunglasses, michael kors, longchamp pas cher, ralph lauren pas cher, prada outlet, ugg boots, nike outlet, louboutin shoes, christian louboutin outlet, ray ban sunglasses, sac longchamp, louis vuitton, replica watches, chanel handbags, louboutin, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, longchamp, uggs on sale, kate spade outlet, nike free, oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet